Applications to attend the second Australia-Japan Youth Dialogue are now open and will close on Sunday 16 June.
The second Australia-Japan Youth Dialogue will take place in Tokyo between 13-16 November 2019.
AJYD 2019 will build on the successes of our 2017 program with a new cohort of up to 24 emerging leaders from Australia and Japan who represent the diversity of the relationship between our two countries.
The Australia–Japan Youth Dialogue Limited will subsidise the costs of flights, accommodation, meals, activities, transfers and other Dialogue expenses. Delegates accepted to AJYD2019 may be expected to contribute a participation fee of $500.
Eligibility and requirements
• be aged between 25 and 40 at the time of the application closing date;
• be a citizen of either Australia or Japan;
• speak English to a native or professional standard; and
• be able to demonstrate a genuine and well-established commitment to the Australia–Japan relationship.
If selected, delegates must:
• Commit to being an active participant in all sessions, activities and events in the AJYD 2019 program;
• Contribute to post-event feedback and communications with the AJYD team; and
• Remain involved, where possible, in the AJYD alumni network.